Dear Shri THOTE ,
This is with response to the Mail [ received by you from Kiran Pendharkar ], as below , on the subject of Guidelines issued by the DOT, for mobile Users on which you remarked " IS THIS TRUE ? " .
I searched the DOT official website which is tedious to navigate and get desired information. After some struggle at the URL: http://www.dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/Precautionary%20Guidelines%20for%20mobile%20Users.pdf , I found a two page PDF DOC. on the DOT website , which gives broadly Guidelines as per your mail.
But the Guideline , I found on the DOT site have 13 items and items 14 and 15 are not there . In addition , the following table is added to the second page of the guidelines doc. [ Click on the above URL ]
The points at 3 ,4 ,5 below in the table seem to have been added at the instance of Cellphone Lobby [ COAI ]
Myths and Facts [ DOT site ]
Various Myths about Mobile Handsets & Mobile base stations:
1 : Myth : Mobile phone use cause headaches
Fact : Headaches are not related to Mobile phone use and there is no scientific evidence.
2. Myth : It is safer using a mobile phone in a car as the car shields from the radiation.
Fact : The RF radiation is increased by Mobile phones when used in a car to overcome the shielding.
3. Myth : Mobile phones cause brain cancer to the people who use it.
Fact : There is no scientific evidence that Mobile Phone can cause
4. Myth : Mobile Base stations are dangerous and one should have distance from it.
Fact: It is the antenna from which we should keep distance not
from tower and that too if we are positioned facing antenna
at comparable height. At the ground level, the intensity of
RF radiation from base station is much less.
5. Myth : Nobody is investigating the health effects of RF radiation.
Fact : The World Health Organization, many national & international
organizations and independent expert groups are
coordinating to investigate health effects of RF radiation
Needless to say the Guidelines for Users are preventive , precautionary steps and it would be better to adopt them as far as practicable , by the public.
With Best Wishes,
IS THIS TRUE ?
Important for All mobile phone users. Very Useful
Precautionary Guidelines for Mobile Users
Mobile users are advised to take following precautionary measures while using a mobile handset:
1. Keep distance – Hold the cell phone away from body to the extent possible.
2. Use a headset (wired or Bluetooth) to keep the handset away from your head.
3. Do not press the phone handset against your head. Radio Frequency (RF) energy is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source -- being very close increases energy absorption much more.
4. Limit the length of mobile calls.
5. Use text (SMS) as compared to voice wherever possible.
6. Put the cell phone on speaker mode.
7. Use your phone where reception is good. If the radio signal is weak, a mobile phone will increase its transmission power. Find a strong signal and avoid movement.
8. Metal water are good conductors of radio waves so avoid using a mobile phone while wearing metal-framed glasses or having wet hair.
9. Let the call connect before putting the handset on your ear or start speaking and listening – A mobilee phone first makes the communication at higher power and then reduces power to an adequate level. More power is radiated during call connecting time.
10. If you have a choice, use a landline (wired) phone, not a mobile phone.
11. When your phone is ON, don't carry it in chest/breast or pants pocket.
When a mobile phone is ON, it automatically transmits at high power every one or two minutes to check (poll) the network.
12. Reduce mobile phone use by children as a younger person will likely have a longer lifetime exposure to radiation from cell phones.
13. People having active medical implants should preferably keep the cell phone at least 15cm away from the medical implant.
While Purchasing a Mobile Handset check the SAR value of the mobile phone. It can be searched on internet if its model number and make is known.
14. The RF radiation is increased by Mobile phones when used in a car to overcome the window shielding.
15. It severely affects the reproductive systems of both male and females;deformity of unborn babies in the
Courtesy: Department of Telecommunications,
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology,
Govt. of India